Guided Meditation

     This week, my digital media professor sent us a link to a guided meditation. I took the time out of my day to watch the entire thing on Thursday night. I tried to make sure I did not fall asleep. It was hard since it was so relaxing. This guided meditation was different than other ones I have done in the past. Usually, the ones I do, they are maybe fifteen minutes. This one was about forty minutes. The sounds in the background are much different than other meditations I have done. They usually have a calming background track playing in the background that almost sounds like spa music. This meditation had an odd sound like maybe white noise or something like that that sounds like more than just music but frequencies I guess you could call it. It went up and down too, it felt like it was quiet then it got louder again. It also helped doing it with my airpods in.

    About twenty-three minutes in it sounded like something my grandma has. It is called a Tibetan singing bowl. It is usually made out of brass and it comes with some sort of stick or tool. You hit the rim of the bowl with the tool and then you spin it around the edge of the rim and it makes a humming or ringing sound. It is used for spiritual purposes and they come in all different sizes. The sound in the meditation made me think of this. 


Comments

Popular Posts